Current:Home > FinanceBurley Garcia|New lawsuit accuses Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of sexually abusing college student in the 1990s -Blueprint Money Mastery
Burley Garcia|New lawsuit accuses Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of sexually abusing college student in the 1990s
Oliver James Montgomery View
Date:2025-04-06 20:19:50
NEW YORK (AP) — A woman who says Sean “Diddy” Combs subjected her to violence and Burley Garciaabuse over several years in the 1990s has filed a lawsuit in New York accusing the rapper of sexual assault, battery and gender-motivated violence.
April Lampros, who met Combs in 1994 when she was a college student, described several “terrifying sexual encounters” with him including being forced to take ecstasy and have sex with Combs’ late former girlfriend Kim Porter.
Lampros’ lawsuit, filed Thursday in state court in Manhattan, comes after a series of allegations against the embattled hip-hop mogul. A former model accused Combs of sexually assaulting her at his New York City recording studio in 2003 in a separate lawsuit filed earlier this week.
Lampros, 51, said in the lawsuit that she was a student at New York City’s Fashion Institute of Technology when she met Combs, who showered her with gifts and promised to help her achieve her dream of a career in fashion.
The relationship turned abusive and coercive, according to the lawsuit.
Lampros said Combs raped her in a Manhattan hotel room in 1995. She passed out and woke up the next morning “nude, sore, and confused,” according to the suit.
On another occasion, Lampros said, Combs forced her to perform oral sex on him in a parking garage in full view of a worker at the garage.
Combs forced Lampros and Porter to have sex with each other in his apartment in 1996 after he had shoved ecstasy pills down their throats, according to the lawsuit.
“Ms. Lampros vocally opposed this idea, but Mr. Combs quickly reminded her that she had no control over the situation as he could make her lose her job,” the lawsuit said.
Porter died of pneumonia in 2018.
A message seeking comment on Lampros’ accusations was sent to an attorney for Combs.
The Associated Press does not typically identify victims of sexual assault by name unless they publicly identify themselves, as Lampros has.
The lawsuits filed by Lampros and the former model come days after CNN aired security video that shows Combs attacking singer Cassie in a Los Angeles hotel hallway in 2016. Combs on Sunday released a video admitting he attacked Cassie in the hotel hallway, saying he was “truly sorry” and his actions were “inexcusable.”
A lawsuit filed by Cassie in November alleging beatings and abuse was settled a day after it was filed. It prompted increased scrutiny of Combs, with additional lawsuits filed in the following months, along with a federal criminal sex-trafficking investigation that led to raids of Combs’ mansions in Los Angeles and Miami.
veryGood! (142)
Related
- Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
- Meryl Streep and Husband Don Gummer Have Been Separated for 6 Years
- GOP House panel raises questions about $200K check from James Biden to Joe Biden. Biden spokesman says there's zero evidence of wrongdoing.
- Reward grows as 4 escapees from a Georgia jail remain on the run
- 2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
- The Browns' defense is real, and it's spectacular
- Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong reveals 2024 tour with the Smashing Pumpkins: Reports
- Taylor Swift 'Eras Tour' bodyguard fights in Israel-Hamas war
- Tree trimmer dead after getting caught in wood chipper at Florida town hall
- Entertainment industry A-listers sign a letter to Biden urging a cease-fire in Gaza
Ranking
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- US moves carrier to Middle East following attacks on US forces
- GOP House panel raises questions about $200K check from James Biden to Joe Biden. Biden spokesman says there's zero evidence of wrongdoing.
- Reese Witherspoon Tears Up Saying She Felt Like She Broke a Year Ago
- Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
- Bryce Harper, Zack Wheeler power Phillies to the brink of World Series with NLCS Game 5 win
- Author Salman Rushdie calls for defense of freedom of expression as he receives German prize
- The FDA is proposing a ban on hair relaxers with formaldehyde due to cancer concerns
Recommendation
The FTC says 'gamified' online job scams by WhatsApp and text on the rise. What to know.
Marine fatally shot at Camp Lejeune was 19 and from North Carolina, the base says
Mired in economic crisis, Argentines weigh whether to hand reins to anti-establishment populist
Over 3,000 migrants have hit NYC shelter time limit, but about half have asked to stay, report says
What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
Iran sentences 2 journalists for collaborating with US. Both covered Mahsa Amini’s death
Roomba Flash Deal: Save $500 on the Wireless iRobot Roomba s9+ Self-Empty Vacuum
New Netflix thriller tackling theme of justice in Nigeria is a global hit and a boon for Nollywood